- Organizations must operate within one or more of the following counties in the seven-county Twin Cities region : Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott, or Washington.
- Organizations must predominately serve those living below 185% of the federal poverty line in our community.
- A significant portion of the organization’s programs must address one or more of Constellation’s core poverty-fighting impact areas: education, housing, health, and employment.
- Constellation does not fund organizations that discriminate against people seeking either services or employment based on color, creed, national origin, marital status, familial status, public assistance status, race, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, or physical disability.
- We do not currently fund organizations that focus on policy, advocacy, or organizing work. Our current metrics and approach are not well suited to fund policy, advocacy, or organizing work.
- Constellation does not fund any capital projects, such as new buildings or facilities. Constellation also does not make grants to individuals or provide event sponsorships.
- For multi-service organizations with budgets over $10 million, we encourage outreach to Constellation staff to discuss proposals for programmatic or general operating funding.
- Constellation only provides one-year grants, but our intention is to build long-term relationships with our grantee partners.